Friday, May 9, 2014

New Original Abstracts for Sale



"Inexplicable"
36" x 24" x 1.5"


"Fruit Salad"
36" x 24" x 1.5"


"The Arrangement"
24" x 30" x .75"


New Originals for Sale

I've currently listed three more of my large originals for sale.  While I love abstract art I find it conducive to my own creative process to mix things up on occasion.  

Right now I'm enjoying the challenge of painting 'small', very small by comparison.  

I enjoy sharing my art with you and welcome your comments.  Feel free to send me an email too!

Here are some thoughts on the pieces I've currently listed...


"Inexplicable"

This work has a feeling of constraint.  It has an energy which is contained; the reddish tones within the ovals, and the ovals within the squares.  I understand this work so well.  I think I really painted what I was feeling that day and yet it's so difficult to put into words.  Some things really are 'inexplicable'. 


"Fruit Salad"

The colors are bright.  The feeling is one of excitement.  The possibilities are endless.  This work is unconquerable.

Like a delicious fruit salad this painting contains the zing of a blueberry, the sweetness of cherry, the tang of tangerines, and the coolness of green and purple grapes with just a touch of sour from a lemon.  

Are you hungry yet?  A painting good enough to eat but you might just want to place it in your dining room and let the colors excite the palates of your dinner guests. 


"The Arrangement"

A little of this, a little of that...deciding what goes into an abstract is the easy part.  It's the arrangement; the transition from one area to another which poses the challenge.  Knowing when to say 'when'.  When to walk away.  Knowing when another stroke will be too much and understanding when simplicity might not be enough.

I call this piece, "The Arrangement" because that was the challenge.  Look at it and tell me what you see.  I see big rectangles and within those, squares.  I see squares and within those, circles.  I see the color, orange and its complement, blue.  The energy in this mixed media work comes from the combination of those two colors. 


To purchase the original painting or a reproduction in a variety of sizes or view my collection of paintings, digital art, and photography, visit here:

No comments:

Post a Comment