Monday, May 5, 2014

"Blue By You"


"Blue By You"
Acrylic, 36"x 30"
$600.00

I can't speak for other artists but I find writing a description for an abstract piece of art extremely difficult.  I don't want to tell the viewer what to see.  Rather, I prefer that the individual experience the work without prejudice.

This is a large work, at least by my standards, and it is without a doubt my favorite abstract I've created.  The colors are perfect together and the palette knife technique gives this painting a great deal of texture which contributes to its interest.

When I first started painting I only wanted to create abstracts.  In my opinion, creating a beautiful abstract is the most difficult thing to do.  I quickly discovered it is so much more than just putting random colors on a canvas.  There are elements like 'harmony' and 'balance' the artist needs to consider.



To purchase the original painting or a reproduction, visit here:

Thanks for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment