Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Journey to Becoming a 'Daily Painter'





"Painting is just another way of keeping a 

diary."

-Pablo Picasso




"Bell Peppers"
8" x 10", Acrylic on board


First, let's be clear about one thing.  I will not be creating a new painting each and every day.  I wish I could, but there's this little thing called 'work', and even though I'm a freelancer, my work will, on occasion, keep me from doing the thing that I love most...painting.

Today I'm beginning my daily painting journey.  Within a few months I hope to look back on this day and be amazed at the growth I see.  Below is painting #1 - "Peppers".  It's okay.  I could spend several more hours on it and change the things which annoy me but I'd prefer just to move on.  Tomorrow's subject is already waiting, a silver dish and serving utensils.  In fact, I have several days worth of projects lined up.

So why do this?  Why do I paint at all?

I love painting because it is difficult.  At least it's difficult for me.  I'm hoping that the more I do it, the easier it will get.  We'll see...

Painting is my escape.  I do it in silence with just my thoughts to keep me entertained.  Sometimes I listen to classical music.  When I paint abstracts I listen to the Blues.

I hope you'll come along with me.  It will be fun.  I invite your comments because I need someone on the sidelines cheering me on.

Come back tomorrow to see what's new.

Here's a link to my website if you'd like to purchase a reproduction.

If you're interested in owning the 'real deal', go here:
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/karyn-robinson-4804/artwork






No comments:

Post a Comment