Monday, April 28, 2014

Daily Painting, Number 2

Day two went better than day 1.  Like I said in my previous post, it's been a while since I painted and contrary to popular belief, it's not 'like riding a bicycle'.

I'm determined to become the best artist I can be so the subject matter has to serve two purposes.

First, it has to be interesting and yield a painting people will like, and secondly, it has to provide a learning experience for me.

This was really a value study.  'Value' is the quality of lightness or darkness in a color.  Painting a reflective surface is always a challenge, but it's also a great deal of fun.  I love putting a highlight next to a darker color.

Painting number 3 will be...stay tuned, I haven't decided on that one yet.  Many possibilities...

Thanks for visiting.

This painting 8" x 10" painting is available for purchase at the link below:http://www.dailypaintworks.com/allartists/#/artist=robinson, karyn&mode=search 

Or you can purchase a reproduction in a larger size, printed on canvas, metal, acrylic or as a greeting card, here:

No comments:

Post a Comment