Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Daily Painting, Day 3 "Red Bowl and Chop Sticks"


"Red Bowl and Chop Sticks"
Daily Painting, Day 3

I'm having a blast!

I used to work on a painting for days, weeks even.  I was painting on large canvases, like 30" x 36".  By switching to painting 'small' I can finish a painting each day, hence the term 'daily painting'.

Just because I can complete a work more quickly doesn't mean I don't work hard on the details.

What I like most about this work is that reflection on the outside of the bowl.  It really makes the work seem dimensional, in my humble opinion.

The reflections are achieved with a glazing technique; a very thin wash that let's the color beneath show through.

Time to get started on today's project.  "It will be titled "The Bowling Party".  Curious?  Me, too!

See you tomorrow!

To purchase a reproduction of this work in various sizes and on a variety of surfaces, visit here:

To purchase the 'real deal', the original 8"x10" artwork.  Acrylic on panel.  Visit here:


No comments:

Post a Comment