Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Coronado Island Expedition" and "Overlooking the Cliffs"


- Henry Ward Beecher


Daily Painting #11
"Coronado Island Expedition"
8" x 10" Acrylic on board
Original painting, $100.00



Daily Painting #12
"Overlooking the Cliffs"
8" x 10" Acrylic on board
Original painting, $100.00

I'm one of those people who gets 'carried away' with things.  I commit myself to whatever I'm working on with my entire being.  I can be preoccupied with something to such an extent that I'll even dream about it.  

That is how I've become since I started painting seascapes.  There is something very familiar in these scenes.  I like to think I was a painter in another life and it's all coming back to me just now.  Maybe I'm remembering my own childhood spent on the beaches of Florida.  Whatever it is, it's comfortable and it makes me happy, and 'happy' is why I paint.

My recent paintings are the first time I've painted from my own photographs.  I still have one more to do; a young mother holding a toddler in her arms as both gaze out to sea.  I can't wait to get started.  

Will I paint more?  Undoubtedly.  The Siren's call is strong and I will once again be drawn to the sea. 





To purchase either the original painting or a reproduction, visit my gallery:


No comments:

Post a Comment